Shared in the hope you can spend less time in front of your computer and more time doing what you love with those you love.
1. Stop making 1:1 previews – they’re only used in Library mode. To choose keepers and determine focus, use Photomechanic instead.
2. Increase your Cache size – default is a paltry 1GB. If you have hard drive space to spare, more is better (mine is set to 50GB).
3. Don’t write XMP sidecare files – But be careful: keep your catalog under 10,000 images and have a great backup scheme.
4. Do Sharpening, Lens Profile Correction and Noise Removal LAST – Great tip I picked up from this article
5. Use motibodo! – You knew this was coming 🙂 Full disclosure: Motibodo was created by yours truly to … wait for it … make Lightroom faster
Other useful-ish links on making Lightroom faster: