There’s a bug in Yosemite which is preventing some users from successfully running Motibodo.
Here’s the fix:
1. Open System Preferences > Security & Privacy > Accessibility Panel. Make sure Motibodo-LR5 AND the Motibodo-LR5 ENGINE are checked (as seen in the photo above).
2. RESTART your computer.
PROBLEM: If the Motibodo LR5 ENGINE is not being added, try manually adding it by doing the following:
3. In Finder, Control-Click on the Motibodo-LR5.app and select “Show Package Contents”
4. Drill down to Contents > Resources . Here you’ll find the Motibodo-LR5 Engine.app.
5. Unlock System Preferences > Accessibility panel and DRAG the Motibodo-LR5 Engine.app in.
6. Make sure Motibodo-LR5.app and Motibodo-LR5 Engine.app are both listed and checked.
7. Restart your computer
PROBLEM: If you are unable to drag the Motibodo-LR5 Engine.app into the Accessibility panel:
8. Make a COPY of the Motibodo-LR5 Engine.app on your desktop. You can do this by pressing and holding the Alt/Option key while dragging Motibodo-LR5 Engine.app onto your desktop.
9. Drag the new copy of the Motibodo-LR5 Engine.app into the Accessibility panel.
10. Restart your computer.
PHEW! A few hoops to jump through, but hopefully this gets you up and running until a Yosemite update fixes things.
Still no joy? Hit me up at our Facebook Page and I’ll try to help you get up and running.
Cheers and Happy Motibodoing!